RULES & PERMITS
- Hours of Operation: 6 am – 10 pm, unless otherwise posted.
- Accessible pathways must remain free, clear, and unobstructed always.
- Onsite tables and chairs may be moved or repositioned within the Plaza, but may not be placed on the sidewalk or removed from the Plaza.
- Garbage and recycling bins are located onsite for your convenience and should be used for all trash including food waste, dog waste, and recycling.
- Do not enter flowerbeds and landscaped areas, or place anything within these areas.
- Peavey Plaza is a tobacco-free premises; no smoking or e-cigarettes.
- Be respectful of other Plaza visitors and keep noise to a minimum.
- No roller skating, rollerblading, bicycling, skateboarding or using other similar equipment.
- Do not feed birds or other wildlife.
- Visitors may wade in the basin. Entering other fountain areas, washing, bathing or floating items in the water is prohibited.
- Throwing coins or other objects in the water, or attempting to remove existing coins or other material, is prohibited.
- Pets must be leashed and kept in close proximity of owners; please pick up all pet waste, and deposit in trash bins.
- Glass containers and alcoholic beverages are prohibited unless sold by permitted vendors.
- Children must be closely supervised by an adult.
- No camping.
- Follow posted signage and staff direction at all times.
- Do not enter areas of the Plaza that are temporarily closed for safety reasons, construction, maintenance, or closed to the public for private events or otherwise.
- Drones or other remote-controlled aircraft only allowed with proper permits and licenses.
- Permits are required for activities such as, but not limited to, amplified sound, commercial activities, erecting structures, etc.
- Restrooms are generally open 8am – 8pm, however hours may vary.
- Restrooms may be closed for cleaning or maintenance. Please obey any posted signage.
- Please be considerate of others and limit use to 5 minutes. Staff may conduct a wellness check if restroom is locked for more than 10 minutes.
- Single-occupancy, unless caregiver assistance is required.
- No bathing or washing clothes.
- Smoking, tobacco, e-cigarette and drug use prohibited.
- Users must abide by Peavey Plaza rules and City ordinances and regulations.
Permits Required for:
Permits issued by Green Minneapolis are required for the following activities. Some activities may also require City issued permits.
- All events, defined as any commercial activity, a gathering utilizing reserved space, or an activity including 20 or more people
- Fireworks, open fires, and grills
- Amplification of music, electronic sound or voice
- Flying drones or other remote-controlled aircraft
- Erecting or stationing any tent, canopy, stand, stage, tower, scaffold, platform, or other equipment or structure
- Selling, providing or sampling food, beverages, merchandise or services
- Erecting or displaying permanent or immovable works of art, leaving art unattended, or affixing art to Peavey Plaza property
- Commercial film and photoshoots
- Operating or parking motor vehicles
- Busking or performing to solicit donation